Pursuant to NMSA 1978 §27-5-6G, Otero County Health Care Services has contracted with the following providers for services for qualified patients domiciled within Otero County:
- *Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC)
- Presbyterian Hospital, Albuquerque, NM - Call 505-841-1406 for information about financial assistance.
- Presbyterian Medical Services, Tularosa, NM
- Presbyterian Medical Services, Alamogordo, NM
- Presbyterian Medical Services, Chaparral, NM
- Sacramento Mountain Medical, Cloudcroft, NM
- Memorial Medical Center, Las Cruces, NM
*Prior to application for assistance from Healthcare Services please go to GCRMC's website to download their Assistance Application form. GCRMC is the county's Safety Net Care Pool Provider. Pursuant to NMSA 1978 §27-5-11(B), GCRMC must provide financial assistance.
Primary preventive care is generally covered at the clinic site and bills should be at least fifty dollars to apply for assistance. If qualified under residency and income guideline you may be eligible for one year's approval status for assistance.
Services such as emergency room visits, inpatient services, and out-patient services require an application or re-certification depending on status of the itemized bill from the hospital. Bill must be at least $350 if the hospital services do not occur at GCRMC.
All diagnostic tests done at the hospital are covered as long as they are part of the itemized bill from the contracted hospital.
Ambulance bills from American Medical Response (AMR) are covered but you need to request assistance. We do not automatically file a claim for you. It is not part of the hospital bills.