If I need the police, but it's not an emergency, what number do I call?
If you need law enforcement assistance but it is not of an emergency nature, please call our non-emergency line at (575) 437-2210.
Examples of calls that should be placed to the non-emergency line are:
- Traffic accidents that do not involve injuries
- Loud music or barking dogs
- To report a crime that is no longer in progress and does not require an immediate response
- To report missing property
- Requests for information
- To report the malfunctioning of traffic signals