Both parties must be present at the time of application. No Exceptions.
If the male or female falls into one of the following age groups, then the following documentation must be provided in order to apply for a marriage license:
- Male or female under 16 years of age may not apply except with a court order.
- Male or female 16 years through 17 years of age may apply only with the consent of a parent, legal guardian or with a court order.
- Sixteen and seventeen year olds must have a signature from all parents listed on their Birth Certificate. (Both mother and father if they are listed.)
- Proof of age required: Picture ID or State original or certified copy of birth certificate. Consent must be made in person and must provide a picture I.D. to indicate that he/she is the parent/guardian. Legal guardians must provide proof of guardianship.
18 Years or Older
Male or female of age 18 years or older.
- Proof of age required: Picture ID or State original or certified copy of birth certificate.
Fee Due at Time of Application
Twenty-Five Dollars ($25) in cash, payable at the time of application, no exceptions.
Marriages Shall Be Performed Only in the State of New Mexico
The marriage license is good indefinitely, but must be returned at least 90 days after the ceremony is performed to record.